Monday Coffee Break #2
Hello and happy Monday once again! I received such a wonderful response from my first "Coffee Break" post - thank you guys SO much! <3 Just to recap - if this is the first of my "Monday Coffee Break" series that you are reading, this is a collection of things that I find throughout the week that make me smile or really make me think. My hope is that this brings a smile to your face as it did mine when you browse this on your morning coffee break!
- 8 Plants You Should Put In Your Bedroom For a Better Night's Sleep
- This insta account just makes my heart explode into a million pieces! (It's all corgis;)
- It's never too early to start thinking about Valentine's OR Galentine's Day! :) These engraved necklaces from GIGIMEY are so cute for your girlfriend, wife, or best friend!
- Prada's new Shanghai Outpost is making me SWOOON! (That TILE!!)
- The Cheetos restaurant is still on my bucket list
- Instead of greeting cards, Greetabl makes boxes with photos from your Instagram that hold a special message and a little treat!! Next time I need to send a card this is definitely what I'm sending! (all the heart eyes)
- "You are perfect. To think anything less is as pointless as a river thinking that it’s got too many curves or that it moves too slowly or that its rapids are too rapid." - This quote is from the book: You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero. It is next on my list!
- This year marks 5 years since I returned from Italy. I miss it EVERY day and I can't wait until I get to go back one day. Here is a list of things to do in Rome :)
- This adorable little girl before and after her first day of preschool!
- I want to end with a letter you have most likely read, or at least heard about. A 27 year old girl named Holly passed away at the beginning of the month from cancer. She wrote a letter before she passed, and it is a heart-breaking, eye-opening, and truly powerful piece of writing that can completely change how you live your life. If you don't have time to read the whole thing, below are some of my favorite quotes from her letter.
"That’s the thing about life; It is fragile, precious and unpredictable and each day is a gift, not a given right."
"I just want people to stop worrying so much about the small, meaningless stresses in life and try to remember that we all have the same fate after it all so do what you can to make your time feel worthy and great, minus the bullshit."
"Remember there are more aspects to good health than the physical body.. work just as hard on finding your mental, emotional and spiritual happiness too. That way you might realize just how insignificant and unimportant having this stupidly portrayed perfect social media body really is.. While on this topic, delete any account that pops up on your news feeds that gives you any sense of feeling shit about yourself. Friend or not.. Be ruthless for your own well-being."
"Give, give, give. It is true that you gain more happiness doing things for others than doing them for yourself."
"Also, remember if something is making you miserable, you do have the power to change it - in work or love or whatever it may be. Have the guts to change. You don’t know how much time you’ve got on this earth so don’t waste it being miserable. I know that is said all the time but it couldn’t be more true.